My-project

সাম্প্রতিক লেখা

Question No. 10 of Honour's 2nd year

 




guru-griha.bligspot.com

হামিদ খানের বাড়ি, নলদহ বাজার সংলগ্ন, সুজানগর রোড, পাবনা।

Question No. 10 # NU Honours 2nd Year

Year-2020

(a)

I fancy I (turn) pale.

(a)

I fancy I turned pale.

(b)

He talks as if he (be) a leader.

(b)

He talks as if he were a leader.

(c)

She will not let you (enter) in the class room.

(c)

She will not let you enter in the class room.

(d)

I had my room (clean).

(d)

I had my room cleaned.

(e)

He ran fast lest he (miss) the train.

(e)

He ran fast lest he should miss the train.

(f)

If he came, I (go).

(f)

If he came, I would go.

(g)

Without (be) professional no one can shine in life.

(g)

Without being professional no one can shine in life.

Year-2019

(a)

The man (hang) for murder.

(a)

The man was hanged for murder.

(b)

If I had a camera, I (take) a snap.

(b)

If I had a camera, I would take a snap.

(c)

I got the work (done).

(c)

I got the work done.

(d)

He (lie) down as he was tired.

(d)

He lay down as he was tired.

(e)

Why you (not come) home yesterday?

(e)

Did you not come home yesterday?

(f)

I let the other boys (use) if.

(f)

I let the other boys use if.

(g)

Last night, the students (tell) vacate the hall.

(g)

Last night, the students were told vacate the hall.

Year-2018

(a)

It is high time she (change) her habit.

(a)

It is high time she changed her habit.

(b)

He (be) absent for a week.

(b)

He has been absent for a week.

(c)

He (buy) a car recently.

(c)

He has baught a car recently.

(d)

He talked as if he (know) everything.

(d)

He talked as if he had known everything.

(e)

Had I gone to Kuakata, I (enjoy) the beauty of nature.

(e)

Had I gone to Kuakata, I would enjoyed the beauty of nature.

(f)

She came to college (run).

(f)

She came to college runing.

(g)

He said that Bangladesh (develop) day by day.

(g)

He said that Bangladesh was developing day by day.

Year-2017

(a)

Why shahnaj (look) so beautiful?

(a)

Why does shahnaj look so beautiful?

(b)

You (punish) yeasterday for your dishonesty.

(b)

You were punished yeasterday for your dishonesty.

(c)

A man gradually becomes blind if he (not eat) food and fish containing vitamin A.

(c)

A man gradually becomes blind if he does not eat food and fish containing vitamin A.

(d)

The sun (have) set, we went home.

(d)

The sun having set, we went home.

(e)

Would that she (come) here today.

(e)

Would that she could come here today.

(f)

The ship rested (un move).

(f)

The ship rested unmoving.

(g)

Had he not done the work, he (punish) by me.

(g)

Had he not done the work, he would have been punished by me.

Year-2016  special

(a)

Five boys were called but one (select)

(a)

Five boys were called but one was selected.

(b)

He broke his leg while he (play) football.

(b)

He broke his leg while he was playing football.

(c)

Had I the wings of a bird, I (fly) in the sky.

(c)

Had I the wings of a bird, I would fly in the sky.

(d)

I never thought of (go) there.

(d)

I never thought of going there.

(e)

Work hard lest you (fail) in the exam.

(e)

Work hard lest you should fail in the exam.

(f)

He said thar he (come) the next day.

(f)

He said thar he would come the next day.

(g)

I worked hard so that I (succeed).

(g)

I worked hard so that I can be succeed.

Year-2016

(a)

Upama is used to (swim) in the river.

(a)

Upama is used to swiming in the river.

(b)

I got the work (finish).

(b)

I got the work finished.

(c)

The meeting not (hold) - yet.

(c)

The meeting has not held - yet.

(d)

Walking three miles in two hours (be) not difficult at all

(d)

Walking three miles in two hoursis not difficult at all.

(e)

It is three years since he (leave) - his villege.

(e)

It is three years since he left his villege.

(f)

If I were a magician, I (solve) - everything.

(f)

If I were a magician, I would solve everything.

(g)

I found him (hide)-- behind the wall.

(g)

I found him hiding behind the wall.

Year-2015 special

(a)

The patient (die) before the doctor came.

(a)

The patient had died before the doctor came.

(b)

Would you mind (help) me now?

(b)

Would you mind helping me now?

(c)

It is high time we (love) our country.

(c)

It is high time we loved our country.

(d)

He talks as if he (be) a minister.

(d)

He talks as if he were a minister.

(e)

I saw the bird (fly) in the sky.

(e)

I saw the bird flying in the sky.

(f)

Get it (do) by him.

(f)

Get it done by him.

(g)

It (rain) since morning.

(g)

It has been raining since morning.

Year-2015

(a)

Last night the students (tell) to vacade the hall.

(a)

Last night the students were told to vacade the hall.

(b)

I went to newmarket with a view to (buy) a new shirt.

(b)

I went to newmarket with a view to buying a new shirt.

(c)

The hen (lay) an egg last night.

(c)

The hen laid an egg last night.

(d)

It (to rain) since morning.

(d)

It has been raining since morning.

(e)

The patient (to die) before the doctor came.

(e)

The patient had died before the doctor came.

(f)

Run fast lest you (miss) the train.

(f)

Run fast lest you should miss the train.

(g)

The authoress dared not (to drive) at right.

(g)

The authoress dared not drive at right.

Year-2014

(a)

The captain along with his soldiers (feel) tired.

(a)

The captain along with his soldiers feels tired.

(b)

He often (make) mistakes.

(b)

He often makes mistakes.

(c)

If I had a computer, I (type).

(c)

If I had a computer, I would type.

(d)

The man (hang) for marder.

(d)

The man was hanged for marder.

(e)

The agenda (be) carefully set.

(e)

The agenda was carefully set.

(f)

The Arabian Nights (be) my favourite book.

(f)

The Arabian Nights is my favourite book.

(g)

It is high time we (serve) the nation.

(g)

It is high time we served the nation.

Year-2013

(a)

You told me that you (help) me.

(a)

You told me that you would help me.

(b)

The poor (to be) born to suffer.

(b)

The poor are born to suffer.

(c)

Many a student (be) present.

(c)

Many a student is present.

(d)

On (return) home, he had his meal.

(d)

On returning home, he had his meal.

(e)

They (play) in the field for two hours.

(e)

They have been playing in the field for two hours.

(f)

Mneither of the boys (to have) done the home work.

(f)

Neither of the boys has done the home work.

(g)

Each boy and each girl (have) got a prize.

(g)

Each boy and each girl has got a prize.

Year-2012

(a)

I wish I (sing) a folk song.

(a)

I wish I could sing a folk song.

(b)

Man (verb to be) mortal.

(b)

Man is mortal.

(c)

He as wel as his friends (be) selfish.

(c)

He as wel as his friends is selfish.

(d)

We are used to (eat) rice thrice a day.

(d)

We are used to eating rice thrice a day.

(e)

He (swim) now.

(e)

He is swiming now.

(f)

The rose (call) the queen of flowers.

(f)

The rose is called the queen of flowers.

(g)

If you had studied regularly, you (pass) the exam.

(g)

If you had studied regularly, you would have passed the exam.

Year-2011

(a)

I wish I (sing) a folk song.

(a)

I wish I sang a folk song.

(b)

The play just (begin).

(b)

The play has just begun.

(c)

If you wanted, I (help) you.

(c)

If you wanted, I would help you.

(d)

English (speak) all over the world.

(d)

English is speaken all over the world.

(e)

I have (had) my revenge at last.

(e)

I have had my revenge at last.

(f)

He (visit) his mother every week.

(f)

He visits his mother every week.

(g)

French is not easy to (learn).

(g)

French is not easy to learn.

Some other prblems and solution of right form's of verb

1

We (live) here since 2009.

1

We have been living here since 2009.

2

We (catch) a thief last night.

2

We caught a thief last night.

3

The headmaster (enter) into the class before the students (come)

3

The headmaster had entered into the class before the students came.

4

When Mr. Kamal (take) his breakfast?

4

When does Mr. Kamal take his breakfast?

5

When Rahim looks so angry?

5

When does Rahim look so angry?

6

They (speak) together at this moment.

6

They are speaking together at this moment.

7

I (read) the book recently.

7

I have read the book recently.

8

It is many years since I (come) to your house.

8

It is many years since I came to your house.

9

It was many years since I (meet) to him.

9

It was many years since I had met to him.

10

We (start) the meeting after the guest (come).

10

We started the meeting after the guest has been coming.

11

I did not want (leave) the place.

11

I did not want to leave the place.

12

You must better (to do) the work.

12

You must better do the work.

13

The boy ran away having (take) the first prize.

13

The boy ran away having taken the first prize.

14

I went to market last night with a view to (buy) a shirt.

14

I went to market last night with a view to buying a shirt.

15

It is high time I (change) my character.

15

It is high time I changed my character.

16

He speaks as though he (be) a mad.

16

He speaks as though he were a mad.

17

One of the boys (be) present in the class.

17

One of the boys is present in the class.

18

You ought to (respect) your parents and your elders.

18

You ought to respect your parents and your elders.

19

The book has published.

19

The book has been published.

20

If you helped the boy he (help) you.

20

If you helped the boy he would help you.

21

I (read) the book since in the morning.

21

I have been read the book since in the morning.

22

Slow and steady (win) the race.

22

Slow and steady wins the race.

23

He ran fast least he (miss) the train.

23

He ran fast least he should miss the train.

24

While (read) a book I saw a picture of an ox.

24

While reading a book I saw a picture of an ox.

25

The color of his books (be) red.

25

The color of his books is red.

26

Ill news (run) quickly.

26

Ill news runs quickly.

27

There (be) a high school in our area.

27

There is a high school in our area.

28

Every man (want) to succeed.

28

Every man wants to succeed.

29

Many a boy (ruin) his career though laziness.

29

29. Many a boy ruins his career though laziness.

30

No buses and no rickshaws (be) on the road.

30

30. No buses and no rickshaws are on the road.

31

None of the girls (has) qualified.

31

None of the girls has qualified.

32

The wall has printed.

32

The wall has been printed.

33

Time and tide (wait) for none.

33

Time and tide wait for none.

34

The MD and the GM of the company (be) present in the meeting.

34

The MD and the GM of the company are present in the meeting.

35

Rice and curry (be) my favorite food.

35

Rice and curry is my favorite food.

36

Cattle (be) grazing in the field.

36

Cattle are grazing in the field.

37

The family (be) unanimous in the opinion.

37

The family is unanimous in the opinion.

38

The Gulliver’s Travels (be) an interesting book.

38

The Gulliver’s Travels is an interesting book.

39

All’s well that (end) well.

39

All’s well that ends well.

40

The virtuous (be) always happy.

40

The virtuous are always happy.

41

One of the students (do) his home work.

41

One of the students does his homework.

42

One and a half works (be) done.

42

One and a half works is done.

43

Two plus two (make) four.

43

Two plus two makes four.

44

You, he and I (be) friends.

44

You, he and I are friends.

45

Rahim as well as his friends (done) well.

45

Rahim as well as his friends does well.

46

It is time (change) our bad habit.

46

It is time changed our bad habit.

47

I found the boy (cry) on the bed.

47

I found the boy crying on the bed.

48

I (call) there yesterday.

48

I was called there yesterday.

49

Rome was not (to build) in a day.

49

Rome was not built in a day.

50

Why you went to market yesterday?

50

Why did you go to market yesterday?

51

It is no use (spoil) time by gossiping.

51

It is no use spoiling time by gossiping.

52

He talked as if he (knew) everything.

52

He talked as if he had known everything.

53

You had better (to do) the work.

53

You had better do the work.

54

He said that the earth (be) round.

54

He said that the earth is round.

55

As soon as I (think) about her, she (call) me.

55

As soon as I have thought about her, she calls me.

================
Date 27.11.2022

Sagor Helal

কোন মন্তব্য নেই